Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Chili Child

Well, we finally are getting our roof replaced--it's been over a year ago that the ping pong-sized hail damaged our roof. So there was a bunch of guys on top of the house today banging away and tossing shingles all over the grass. Hallie was quite concerned and she was kinda whining and pointing. I explained that they're making a MESS, but they'll pick it UP, don't worry, it's ok. I had to discuss this over and over because she still seemed a little upset. Hallie watched them practically all afternoon out the window, and let me know when there was a MEH! or if there was a guy wearing a HA(T)! (just about everyone).






















Here's Hallie waving "Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi!" to the workers.

The roof guys were cleaning up til dusk. I fed Hallie dinner then started to make chili for John & I. Hallie wanted a bean so I spooned one from the can. Moh? Moh? So I gave her a few more. Moh? I let her grab a few more from my hand with her chubby little fingers. Moh?





I finally got a little bowl out and spooned a few more in there. By this time the chili is done.



Yes, she was trying to get every last bit. Every time she came over to the stove with her little bowl, it was reminding me of OLIVER (please suh, can I have sum moh)!

3 comments:

  1. For cute! Maybe the little miss is a little territorial - HA! Loved the pics! Totally going for the beans, huh? Did she forget to look in the treat drawer for something tasty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to bust out the mini M&M's!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little girl. It's surprising what little kids like...for example beans!

    ReplyDelete