I took Hallie to her 2 year well visit today and realized I need to do better about brushing her teeth and giving her more veggies. New pediatrician (finally!) too, and I liked him. Here are her stats:
Wt for age%: 40%
Ht for age%: 61%
Head circum: 91%
BMI: 24%
Well, she's right on track developmentally. She can count to 10 (frequently misses 5 and/or 6), she knows her colors, and she's learning her letters. Thanks to the LeapFrog Letter Factory dvd. She asks to watch that every day. Which leads me to another lovely development...watching TV!!! Now she likes sitting in front of the TV, and I can leave and get stuff done! And she sits there or lays on a pillow with her blankie, and she doesn't move!! It's been delightful. I try to limit it to one little show a day or less. I really need to start recording Sesame Street, I think she would like it. It's funny to see when she recognizes letters on buildings and their sounds. I think she knows H the best, she does a little ha ha sound like the H makes when she sees it. Learning new words every day! One of today's was Hobby Lobby...although it sounds more like 'Habi Yabi?!' when she says it!
Also, Hallie has been very interested in potty books. We have a few and we read them every day. 'Going to the Potty' and the 'Princess & the Potty' (it's lost right now) are the top two. I frequently tell her that she can go poo poo in the potty if she tells me, but it's always too late. She doesn't like it in her diaper and at that point, she asks to go potty. Still working on that concept! Hopefully it's a smooth transition to big girl underwear.
Now friends are very important to her too. She asks if we're going to see them all the time. At least once a day, she'll announce that she's going to GaGon hou! (Grandma's house), and pack up her stroller and baby or purse and she'll walk away. We're very excited for her to come next week!
Overall, Hallie is a very good little girl, sweet and of course, we think she's the most adorable thing ever!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What adorable snippets. Hallie sounds like a delightful little girl!
ReplyDelete