Monday, October 19, 2009

Wreath

So, my only project for the last little while has been this fall wreath. I tried to copy this page from Pottery Barn. BTW, this issue is the best ever--that's why I had to keep it.

Now here's my version...

I spent probably $20 or more, and of course did it the hard way. I bought a garland of green leaves and painted e a c h l e a f...gold, brown, orange. I also painted some of the fruit because it was too bright (a teeny bit of a dark gold or a muted tone works great to make it cohesive). I got a stick wreath at Hobby Lobby for $5, some orange berry branches, and a couple of containers of fruit/fall leaves/gourds/pinecones at Walmart & Michaels. Then I hung it with 2 in ribbon and used a couple of tacks (thanks Carly) to attach it to the top of the door. I'm hoping the wreath is sturdy and the leaves won't blow away with the next windy storm, but we'll see. The only bad thing is that I can't see out the peep-hole, so I can't tell if the pest control guy is at the door or a friend who's about to see me without makeup (gasp!) and in PJs.

7 comments:

  1. WOW!! Yours looks even better than that PB version! Feel like making another? Because I WANT ONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to say the same thing! BEAUTIFUL!!!! You are so talented!!! Once upon a time you would have inspired me...now I just feel tired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow!! I'm super impressed. I would never have even thought to try making one! You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks incredible! How many hours did it take?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great! You're so crafty!

    ReplyDelete